Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Rebuilding a corrupted workbook

Saved from a previous post:

A few months ago, Jan Karel Pieterse was working on a workbook recreator.
http://www.jkp-ads.com

I searched his site, but didn't find any reference to this utility. (Maybe it's
not quite ready to share with the world???)

If you wanted to volunteer to be a guinea pig, you could contact him via his
site:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Contact.htm

The worst he could say would be no. He might want to hear your results and
knowing Jan Karel, if it didn't work, he'd want to get a copy of your workbook
so that he could improve his program.

Antonio wrote:

I have a large and complex worbook file that is starting to give me big
problems. Very slow performance when navigating between cells. Unexplainable
crashes of the VBA code which works great in other files.

I want to build a new workbook by copying all cells formulas, values,
format, VBA code etc.

I can copy every worsheet but I fear that I may copy the bug, I believe I
tried that and the problem persisted.

Other than copying manually the contents of each cell and format (and VBA
code) is there a way to copy the workbook while assuring a non-corrupted file?

Many thanks,

Antonio

--

Dave Peterson