Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
phil phil is offline

Default Excel List Object Field Types

<reposting my hopeless cause; this seems to be only forum with any volume

I will be publishing a non-linked "excel table" to a "sharepoint list" from
Excel VBA.

I am using an excel listobject that I load with the excel table and use the
publish method from the list object to push it up to SharePoint.

I need to set field types in excel so that when the data gets to sharepoint
it is correct, one example is that by default it pushes some cells as a
'single line of text'
as the field type however I need the field to be 'multiple lines of text'.

It would be nice if I could also push "multiple choice" fields too.

Is there a way I can set the field type of the Excel list object fields
before I publish it? I want to be able to set the SharePoint field types.

I have searched the internet several hours two times now. Looking for
specific Excel VBA code.

Using Office 2007 and SharePoint 2007 (for a project at MS). This is the
closest I have found: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140090.aspx
;

I couldn't find where to get the Collaboration Objects.