Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Jim is offline

Default Creating a hyperlink in VBA for an autoshape

I want the file to open when I click on the shape and I want to do it thru a
macro. so I guess to answer your question, perform the action that a
hyperlink would.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

You want to create a hyperlink or do you want to perform the action a
hyperlink would perform?

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim" wrote:

ok, so i have created an autoshape on a spreadsheet, I have created a macro
for it and need it to link to a file in another directory. the reason i am
not just creating a "right click--create hyperlink" is because it is getting
screwed up when i run the main program. I want to know how to write it in VB
so it automatically creates the hyperlink thru the macro.

Sub Rectangle5_Click( )
make hyperlink to c:\myfile.doc
End Sub

thanks