Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2256_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2256_] is offline

Default delete last line of numbers

Assuming Column A always has an entry in it for each data line, you can
identify the last line of data like this...

LastDataRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

Although you should probably qualify the Cells property with a reference to
the worksheet it is on.

I'm not 100% sure this is what you actually want, though, as your initial
post seemed to indicate you had regular text mixed with numerical text and
the above only find the last line no matter what type of data is in it.

Rick

"Gordon" wrote in message
Hi Rick...

Apologies for mixed terminology. It's much simpler than that. A block of
data is dumped in at cell A6 and goes across to column U. The data that
goes
down however can go from row 6 to row 8000. The code needs to idnetify the
last line (not a gap) and then delete the last line, and nbot identify the
new last line.

Make sense!

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Where is this block of text at... In a simple String variable within your
code? In a String array within your code? In a single cell in your
worksheet? Or split up into rows (by lines) in your worksheet? Your use
of
the word "import" seems to suggest it is in the worksheet somewhere, but
your use of the word "lines" instead of "rows" seems to suggest it is in
variable somewhere. Also, you said "the last line that holds numerical
values" which suggests this "line" has more than one value in it... can
you
post a sample of what that line (or row if in a worksheet) would look
like
(I'm interested in how the multiple values are delimited)?

Rick

"Gordon" wrote in message
Hi...

I import a block of text from another sheet with a simple macro but
want
delete the last line that holds numerical values. The block of data
varies
in
depth and the line to removed can vary say from line 20 - 8000. I need
some
code that will identify when the numercial data stops and to delete
the
line
on which the data appears last.

Anything out there?