Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Conditional Format and auto filter

it was just an example

select your range and then conditional formatting.

let's say i have a5 to m170 selected
enter this as the formula
=MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A5:$A$170),2)=0
select your color and see if it works.

--

Gary

"HH" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks Gary,

I replaced your code with the one I had in conditional formating. Unless I
missed something, that code shades the entire worksheet. I'm trying keep
every other row shaded - with or without auto filter being used.

Hank
"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
i think gord posted this

=MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0

--

Gary

"HH" wrote in message
I use =MOD(ROW(),2)=1 to shade every other row in my worksheet.

When auto filter is used it will not keep every other row shaded. Often
shaded rows are together.

Is there a more flexible way so that auto filter will not affect the
shading. It looks strange when a sheet is printed.

Hank