Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Trace errant formula to stop annoying message

So you are saying there are no #REF! errors in cell references or in Defined
Names.

Any broken links perhaps. Look in Edit / Links

Regards,
Peter T

"Mark Stephens" wrote in message
Thanks Peter, unfortunately didn't come up with anything, any other ideas?

regards, Mark

I would start by looking for whatever is the most likely cause of that
message.

Eg, if invalid cell references are suspect, search (ie Edit Find) cells
containing #REF! with "Look in: Formulas" checked. After sorting out

those
repeat with "Look in: Values" That error occurs when a cell ref is
entirely
deleted with delete rows/columns, or a sheet is deleted. Range names can
be
similarly affected.

Regards,
Peter T

"Mark Stephens" wrote in message

Every now and then my worekbook throws up a dialogue box with the

following
warning message:

'A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references

Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name

and
cell reference'

Short of ploughing through every page and searching every cell

containing
formula, does anyone know an easier way of locating the culprit

formula?

Thanks and regards, Mark