Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default opening an excel file from a website using vba

Workbooks.Open "http://someserver/path/goes/here.xls"

Tim

"Jayne22" wrote in message
The website is internal and requires a password, so I can't post that
address. But the spreadsheet shows vacation days for our team and i would
like to call that spreadsheet up, count the number of vacation days for a
particular person, and then post that on the original spreadsheet.

Is this possible?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

More detail and url(s) along with examples. You can probably use an
external
query to make it all automatic with one mouse click.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Jayne22" wrote in message
Is there a way to open and activate an excel spreadsheet from an online
source using vba? I am attempting to write a function in one
spreadsheet
that
calls upon and performs a function on another sheet; unfortunately this
is
spreadsheet from an online site that changes daily.

I know how to open and activate a sheet that is within my own folder,
but
this is obviously more complex.