Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Event triggered in Excel's cell by DDE

I would expect the change event to fire on a DDE update in xl2000 and later

However, you can also use the Old method of the SetLinkOnData method. See
VBA help for details.

Tom Ogilvy

"albertleng" wrote:

Hi.

I'm trying to trigger an event by using DDE to change a specific cell
in EXCEL.

First, i tested my own code (manually, without DDE) by changing that
cell's (cell B1) value and it worked. The code is as below:

If Target.Address = "$B$1" Then
DoSomething

However, i tried to use another application and change the cell B1's
value via DDE, that event can't be triggered.

Can anyone give any suggestions? My intention is whever there's a
change in that cell's value, do something.

Thanks a lot.