Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Faulkner Mike Faulkner is offline

Default Excel 2003 - Shapes

Rob

Many thanks.

Regards
Mike

"Rob Bovey" wrote:

"Mike Faulkner" wrote in message
App: Excel 2002
OS: WinXP

Looping through the Shapes collection in a Worksheet I get three different
Types returned (i.e. 13, 17 & 1) . How can I then identify what Type of
Shape
these are (i.e, Texbox, Picture, Comment etc.)

Hi Mike,

The Shape.Type property returns the value of one of the msoShapeType
enumeration members. You can view these members using the Object Browser
(press F2 in the Visual Basic Editor). There's no quick way to look up a
specific number, you just have to select msoShapeType from the list on the
left and then select each enumeration member from the list on the right and
see if its value corresponds to the one you're looking for. For the ones you
mention:

1 = msoAutoShape
13 = msoPicture
17 = msoTextBox

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm