Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Zych Tim Zych is offline

Default Changing text to formula in a range of cells

How about looping.

Dim rng As Range, cell As Range
Set rng = Selection
For Each cell In rng.Cells
cell.FormulaR1C1 = "=" & cell.Value
Next

--
Tim Zych
www.higherdata.com

"Bob Arnett" wrote in message
I'm new in Excel having recently moved from another spreadsheet brand that
didn't require the "=" preceding a formula so I'm constantly running into
the
problem of having to go back and insert the "=" in each formula cell. To
do
this, I came up with:

Sub Equation()

With Selection
.FormulaR1C1 = "=" & .FormulaR1C1
End With

End Sub

... which works perfectly as long as only one cell is selected. If I
select
a range of cells I get the error message:

Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch

What to do?