Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SJW_OST[_2_] SJW_OST[_2_] is offline

Default file naming during auto-saveas

Hello,
I am using the following code to automatically do a saveas process to have
my file save as filename_date_time.xls.

Sub SaveAs2()
'
Dim irdate
Dim irtime

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

irdate = Month(Now) & Day(Now) & Year(Now) 'Format(Date,"mmddyy")
irtime = FormatDateTime(Round(Time * 24, 0.1) / 24, vbShortTime)
'Format(Time,"hhmm")
irtime = Hour(Now) & Minute(Now) 'could this line be the problem?
On Error Resume Next
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "H:\" & "PassCounts_" & irdate & "_" & irtime &
".xls"

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

The problem I am having is in the time format.
For 12:00 it should show _1200.xls but I am getting _120.xls instead. Can
someone help me with properly formating the time for doing this file saveas
process? I'm sure it is somthing simple but it just keeps illuding me. Thanks
in advance.