Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
stewpot stewpot is offline

Default Comparing multiple rows of data

I have hundreds of rows of patient data and within that data I need to look
at each individual patients data.
For every patient I have several rows of data, each row contains the same
fields but they relate to different events in their hospital stay which are
numbered 1,2,3,etc. I am trying to compare the latest event with the previous
event (e.g. event 3 with event 2) and show whether their test results (which
is a number) increase or decrease and if for instance it increases and is now
over 30, count it as a yes and if it goes down count it as a no. The macro
will need to identify the most recent event and then compare this to the
previous event, this will be different for each patient record. Can you help?