Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
aimee209 aimee209 is offline

Default Pulling text from the right end of a string

Thanks!! Both formulas worked out great!!

"aimee209" wrote:

I'm trying to pull text from the right end of strings. The characters can
very in number (anywhere between 2 and 6 characters long) which makes the
=right() difficult to use.

I found a formula in another post, but it doesn't work for all and was
wondering if there is a better formula to use
=MID(C103,FIND("-",C103,20)+1,255)

String 1:
Office One - Legislative Program - 41502

String 2:
Info - IBM - 204

For String 1, the correct value of 41502 is returned. But with String 2, I
get the #VALUE! error. Please help!

Thank you!!