Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Allchurch Rob Allchurch is offline

Default String Comparison

On Jul 2, 12:20*pm, "
wrote:
Hi

I have 2 text strings of equal length (7) in the cells for columns B &
C. *The strings in C differ slightly to those in B.

I am a novice at macros but would like some help in comparing column C
cells to B cells and returning the difference in Column D. i.e.
Compare C2 to B2 and return the difference in D2 and continue down the
rows until the end of the data.

The first row contains the column headings.

Any help wolud be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds like you could simply use built-in Excel functions here, rather
than VBA code, but you'd need to specify the type of comparison you
wanted to perform i.e. flag if cells don't match, compare each
character separately and flag if any different etc.

Post a few row examples and the result you want to see then we'll be
able to help...