Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Add comment, and move up

Hi Carroll
I appreciate your comments, pun intended. I too have recently been
improving my comment coding. From experiment I can tell you the only way the
IncrementTop property seems to show any change is, as I have said earlier, to
set Comments to viewable from the View menu.
The problem with that of course is you will see all comments and also
requires the user to set the view. If your users are anything like my son
then it is all about minimalist movement of hand and eye and "unnecessary"
movements of the mouse are defined in millimetres. <g

Geoff

"Carroll" wrote:

Geoff,

I have basically created a form of sorts, but using cells to display
the data. My intent is to show all the info for one record on one
screen, without having to scroll. Not a big deal believe me. I could
just leave it as is, but it's more work for the user (granted, not a
lot). The comment is for a cell at the bottom right-hand corner of
the screen, and when the text in the column is more than what I
normally expect, part of the comment is below the bottom of the
current screen view.

By the way, I have Excel 2003.

I can drag a comment box with the macro recorder on, and when I do
that it shows:
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementLeft -8.25
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementTop -29.25
But if I attempt to use this code in my VBA, it doesn't like it. In
particular, it doesn't like ShapeRange, but it doesn't complain with
Shape.IncrementTop -29.25. But then again, it doesn't use it at all.
I've tried increasing the amount but still can't observe any movement.

Carroll