Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Add comment, and move up

Hi Carroll
At the risk of suggesting something you have already observed, using
InCrementTop -100 will only 'do' something if you put comments into View mode
from the View menu.
I tried TopLeftCell but that is Read Only.

Geoff

"Carroll" wrote:

I am using VBA to add a comment to a cell, fill the comment with text,
and size the comment's width and height. Unfortunately, the cell is
close to the bottom of the screen, and I would like to be able to move
the comment up somewhat so the entire comment can be read without
having to scroll down. I can record the movement of the comment up,
but that code doesn't work when I attempt to fit it into my VBA. I
thought one of these might work:
ActiveCell.Comment.Shape.IncrementTop -100# or
ActiveCell.Comment.Shape.IncrementTop -500
When I ran it, it didn't complain, but it also didn't do anything.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Carroll Rinehart