Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default Refer to a hidden sheet using a macro.

You can write to a hidden sheet, but I suspect your code has activates or
selections in it which will fail if the sheet is hidden.

Post your code for someone to show you how to remove these.

Nigel

"Johno" wrote in message

"fullers" wrote:

I have written a macro that will move data into a sheet that is hidden.
However, when I run it I get the debugger message telling me it has
failed.
If I unhide the sheet and run it then it works fine.

What is the best way round this?

If it is in a macro, run a code to unhide the sheet and then once the work
in this sheet hide it again. Substitute "hidden sheet" for your sheet

Dim UNHIDESHEET
Sheets("HiddenSheet").Visible = True

Dim HIDESHEET
Sheets("References").Visible = False