Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default vLookUp return several columns?

You can do this with the OFFSET function in an array formula. If you
customer IDs are in A1:A4, the array formula
\
=OFFSET(A1,MATCH("b",A1:A4,0)-1,0,1,3)

will return the values from columns B, C, and D for the row in which A
equals "b". To enter this, select the cells that are to contain the
results, type in the formula and press CTRL SHIFT ENTER rather than just
ENTER. If you do not press CTRL SHIFT ENTER, the formula will not work
properly.

See http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/ArrayFormulas.aspx for more information
about array formula.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"General Fear" wrote in message

Vlookup only returns one column that matches the value searched. I
wanted to return several columns, otherwise, I am forced to use
vlookup for each column.

Below is an example

Customer ID, Customer Name, Address1, Address2, City, State, Zip

If I match on Customer ID, then I want name, address, city, state zip
in one shot.

Is this possible?