Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default vLookUp return several columns?

Functions such as Sum or Vlookup or... return single values. So the long and
the short of it is that you are goind to end up wit multiple lookups. Using
index and match you can make a formula that you can drag so that you do not
need to increment the offset number manually if that is of interest to you.
Index match is a much better formula than a Vlookup as it is far less prone
to returning a wrong result...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"General Fear" wrote:

Vlookup only returns one column that matches the value searched. I
wanted to return several columns, otherwise, I am forced to use
vlookup for each column.

Below is an example

Customer ID, Customer Name, Address1, Address2, City, State, Zip

If I match on Customer ID, then I want name, address, city, state zip
in one shot.

Is this possible?