Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
djd djd is offline

Default MOD function results

I just need to understand why this is happening.

I have a field where I need to verify that the user entered a value in
increments of 0.5. So I use the formula MOD(field1,0.5). When field1 is
1.5 the result is 0. I have another field where I need to verify that the
user entered a value in increments of 0.2. So my formula is MOD(field2,0.2).
When field2 is 1.2 the result is 0 when the cell is a number but when
defined as general is -1.1102E-16.

I am checking the cells containing the MOD formula in VBA and noticed that
my code for <0 wasn't working even though the cell showed 0. When I used
Watch I saw the exponential.