Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bst bst is offline

Default interior.colorindex does not work?

point me in the direction to learn more about conditional formatting
please. probably since i don't know anything about it, its not there,
but i don't build the raw report so maybe it is there.

thanks for the quick reply

bst

Susan wrote in
:

if you already have conditional formatting applied to that cell, then
it will take precedence over the colorindex command......
try clearing any conditional formatting & running it again.
hth
:)
susan

On Jun 27, 3:53*pm, bst wrote:
is there something wrong with the following line(assuming with Sheets
("Sheet1") and that i want the cell to be red?:
.Cells(rowCtr, colSig).Interior.ColorIndex = 3

i have used this method quite a bit and it works in other scripts
that i use on different reports.

at the end of execution the cells are not colored, however using
msgbox(.cells(y, x).interior.colorindex) gives me 3, so i know it is
executing.

is there some setting in the sheet itself that would keep this from
executing with the desired results(i want the cell to be filled red).

the only think i could think of to check is the pattern property of
interior and it is 1 (solid) so that seems correct to me.

anyone have any ideas?

TIA
bst