Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Kaikow Howard Kaikow is offline

Default PageSetup is very slow

"Howard Kaikow" wrote in message

I am using a .exe that was compiled with VB 6 and Excel 2003.
Maybe would be faster if I compiled with Excel 2007 and VB 6?
If so, then I may need to have a separate .exe for use with Excel 2007,

not
a desired goal,

Recompiling in Vista with VB 6 and Excel 2007 indeed makes a difference.

Using the Vista compile with VB 6 and Excel 2007, it took 868 milliseconds
to load Excel 2007, and 3134 milliseconds to do the Pagesetup stuff.

Using that same .exe, but running in Windows 2000 with Excel 2003, it took
3134 milliseconds to load Excel 2003, and 7731 milliseconds to do the
Pagesetup stuff.

since early binding is used, I was surprised that the Excel 2007 .exe even
worked in Excel 2003
Is this documented, or was I just lucky?