Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RyanH RyanH is offline

Default range row

I'm not sure how you want the Range Row changed. If you have code that you
need help with I would suggest posting it or give a little better detail.

--
Cheers,
Ryan

"greg" wrote:

Actually
I would like to end up with a range. that is the same column. and a new
row.

"RyanH" wrote in message
If I read correctly you want the row portion of a range returned, right?
Yes, you can do that. In your case this is how:

Sub RangeRow()

Dim myRangeRow As Long

myRangeRow = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C5").Row

MsgBox "myRange is on Row " & myRangeRow

End Sub

Hope this helps!
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"greg" wrote:

What is the best way to take a range and then change the row of it.
Say my range is Range("myRange") which might be C5
I can do a .address then try to parse out the row. and put in my new
row.
such as 10
but that is a kludge.

it seems like you can use .cell(5) but you need to know the offset.

is there a way to directly change a ranges row?
thanks