Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cla99009 cla99009 is offline

Default When I rename a module the keyboard shortcut stops working

I think I finally figured it out. I've been giving the module the same name
as the macro it contains. I guess there's a confusion when tha happens. If
I assign different names, the shortcut keys still work.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

What did you name the module?
What did you name the macro?

cla99009 wrote:

I've recorded a macro, and assigned it a shortcut key on recording. After
cleaning up the code, I rename the module to a more descriptive name, the
shortcut key stops working. Nothing happens when I press the
Ctrl+Shift+[Letter] combination.

Even if I try to reassign the shortcut using the (Alt+F8) macro dialogue
box, nothing works. All I get is the windows "Error" sound.

Am I doing something wrong that is breakting the connection. Can anyone
help me figure this out?

--

Dave Peterson