Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] lisa.liel@gmail.com is offline

Default Deleting pasted HTML controls with Javascript

Okay, this is an odd problem. I have an export function that copies a
table from HTML and pastes it into an Excel spreadsheet. The problem
is, the table has checkboxes in it, so when I paste, I get shapes in
the spreadsheet. And I want to delete them from the same webpage that
I used to copy the HTML over.

I can run a macro in Excel that says:

For i = ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count To 1 Step -1
ActiveSheet.Shapes(i).Delete
Next i

This works fine. But when I try and do it from Excel, it crashes and
burns:

for (i = objWorksheet.Shapes.Count; i = 1; i--){
objWorksheet.Shapes(i).Delete;
}

If I do alert(objWorksheet.Shapes(i).Name), it gives me the name of
each object, so I know I'm accessing the objects. I can even set an
object equal to the shape, but when I try and do .Delete, it craps
out.

Has anyone run into something like this? I don't know if it's some
sort of wonky Microsoft security thing, or if someone simply forgot to
include this method when they made the COM wrapper, but it's driving
me nuts. There must be some way to get rid of those things from the
javascript, no?

Thanks in advance,
Lisa