Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Dim cht as Object Constant Declaration

The value of a Constant is defined when you write the code. You can't modify
the value of a constant at run time. Moreover, your code is missing the Set
statement which is required when you assign any sort of object to a
variable.

Dim CHT As Excel.Chart
Set CHT = Worksheets(1).ChartObjects(1).Chart ' Note 'Set' keyword
Debug.Print CHT.Name

Without the 'Set' keyword, VBA will attempt to find the Default property of
the Chart object, and I don't think there is a default property of a Chart
object.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"R Tanner" wrote in message
I have the simplest question ever. Why can I not declare this
variable? I think if you can give me a good answer you will solve my
confusion on declaring constants..

Dim cht As Object

cht = Sheets("Cheet4").ChartObjects("Chart 5").Chart

Thanks and sorry I post so many questions...