Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default How do you trigger an "On Click" event programatically

Shapes do not have events associated with them. They have macros that are
assigned to them. Why not just run the macros that are assigned to the shapes?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Rob Wills" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet - which is locked - in which I need to click a button to
trigger a process.

However I wish to add this to a scheduler, so that this is triggered
automatically.

I can use the following to identify and select the shape
====================
Sub Shape_Names()
Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim shp As Shape

Set wks = ActiveSheet

For Each shp In wks.Shapes
debug.print shp.Name
shp.select
Next shp

End Sub

but this does not trigger the on click event.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Rob