Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Mike is offline

Default Excel VBA help to test the activecell.value

Your code works for me. ???
Sub test()
Range("I4").Select
If ActiveCell.Value = "W" Then MsgBox "WVEnumber"
If ActiveCell.Value = "G" Then MsgBox "BIGnumber"
If ActiveCell.Value = "F" Then MsgBox "BIFnumber"
End Sub

"Marie" wrote:

I am new to VBA macro's and can not get the following test to work
Range("I4").Select
If ActiveCell.Value = "W" Then GoTo WVEnumber
If ActiveCell.Value = "G" Then GoTo BIGnumber
If ActiveCell.Value = "F" Then GoTo BIFnumber

The Macro branches to WVEnumber - no matter what is in the cell "I4" - can
anyone help?