Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Extracting values from Freeform shapes

OK I guess there must be a version difference as in mine Freeforms do not
host textframes (unlike most autoshapes). Are you using Excel 2007 ?

Regards,
Peter T

"RockVol11" wrote in message
When you make a shape (let's say a pentagon) with Freeform function, after
closing the lines it makes it possible to type in texts when you click on

the
shape and start typing. I would like to transfer that text (a number)

over
to a cell in a separate sheet.

"RockVol11" wrote:

I am trying to make a separate data sheet that collects numbers I type

into
the Freeform shape text box. For example,

In one of the sheet called "08-02-08" there is a freeform shape named as
"Freeform 26".
In this text dialogue I'd like to type a value of "26" and I want this

text
value to transfer over to a sheet called "Data Collect Sheet" cell "A1"
automatically.

If anyone knows how to accomplish this task it would be a great help for

me
to let me know. Thank you.