Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike B. Mike B. is offline

Default VBA help

Let me see if I can make it abit clearer. What I am trying to do is simulate
some electronic stuff through excel.

Inputs:
C8: I created a button that changes the value of the cell from 0 to 1. When
the value is 1, the world "UNLATCHED" appears below the button in let's say
F22 (whereever I put the button)

C9: The value of this cell comes from another cell. This too, can either be
a 1 or 0 depending on the other cell.

Ouputs:
C10: =IF(C8=1,0,IF(C9=1,1,0))

What exactly I am looking for:

1. At any time when the value of C8 is 1, C10 will always be 0. The word
"UNLATCHED" will be located under the button.

2. When the button is pressed, the value of C8 is 0. C10 is still 0. The
word "UNLATCHED" is not present anymore.

3. When C9 has a value of 1, C10 will now be 1. The word "LATCHED" will be
located in D10.

4. One of two things can happen:
a. When C9 goes back to 0, the value of C10 will be 0. The word "LATCHED"
however remains present.

b. Or, if the button is pressed, C8 becomes 1. "LATCHED" disappears from D10
and "UNLATCHED" appears under the button.

5. 4b doesn't matter since repeats all the previous steps. Once 4a is
complete though, if I were to press the button, 4b would commence.

Hope this clarifies.