Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Office_Novice Office_Novice is offline

Default VBA help

Begin with opening the VBE by pressing ALT +F11 on the left hand side select
VBA Project(book1) or whatever your project is called select the plus sign
file tree thing then Microsoft excel object then sheet one on the top of the
VBE there will be two drop downs The on e that says (General) select
Worksheet. Delete everything there and paste this in

Dim OutRng As Range
Dim InRng As Range
Set OutRng = Range("D10")
Set InRng = Range("c10")

If InRng.Value = "1" Then
OutRng.Value = "Latched"
ElseIf InRng = "0" Then
OutRng.Value = "UnLatched" '<-- Change

"Mike B." wrote:

In excel:

Inputs:
C8-- button can change value to 1 or 0
C9-- =A3 (which can either be a 1 or 0)

Output:
C10-- =IF(C8=1,0,IF(C9=1,1,0))

Dilemma:
When C10 is equal to 1, I want D10 to read "LATCHED". However, when C10
turns back into a 0 by changing the inputs, I want D10 to still read
"LATCHED". I want to be able to do this without buttons, requiring the use of
Worksheet_Change or something manner which I have no idea about.

Thanks in advance!