Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sergei Emelyanenkov[_2_] Sergei Emelyanenkov[_2_] is offline

Default More about trying to automation multiple Excel instances

Hello,

There were already posts about impossibility to automate multiple Excel
instances (only first started instance is automated). But, actually, it's
vital for product we develop. So, I still don't lose hope :)

First question.
As I understand, functions which are used to obtain running Excel instance
(Marshal.GetActiveObject in .Net or GetObject in VBScript) look for it in the
Running Object Table (ROT). So, what is the main point - only first Excel
instance is registered in ROT? or thay all are registered, but the first is
returned? If all Excel instances are registered, can we use
IRunningObjectTable::EnumRunning method to enum them and bind to each of them?

Second question.
Can we at least ajust somehow Excel behavior (using its own settings) for it
to start as single instance (like Word)?

Thank you in advance!

--
Best Regards,
Sergei Emelyanenkov