Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] paul.robinson@it-tallaght.ie is offline

Default Posting in each row of a Summary sheet the sum of correspondingitems on another sheet

Hi
Have you tried a Pivot Table as your summary sheet? This will give you
sums broken down by ID etc.
regards
Paul

On Jun 20, 4:10*am, RichardOnRails
wrote:
Hi,

I don't know much about VBA (though I've done a lot of C++, Ruby,
etc.). *I've got a Summary sheet and a Details sheet.

Each row in the Summary sheet has (Cols A, B, C, etc) = ProdID ,
ProdName, #Items, etc.

Each product in the Details sheet has a 3+ rows with:
- 1st row, Col. A, = ProdID
Col B of the 1st, 2nd, etc. rows = # items of that product received
Col C of the 1st, 2nd, etc. rows = date of each receipt
etc.

I'd like to specify the the # items in each row of the Summary sheet =
Sum(the of the #Items in the corresponding Details rows.

Is there some online writeup about how this could be done? *Or can you
provide the key ideas about how this search could be coded in VBA?

Thanks in Advance,
Richard