Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default modification of auto-multiple workbook macro, Ron DeBruin (Cop

If there is a error let the code give you the name of the workbook and go to the next file.
After the macro is ready you can check out the problem files

Show us the code you are running on each file and tell us where you get the error in some workbooks

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"SteveDB1" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron,

Actually, I do want to "update" all of my xl* files.

The problem goes back to having processed some files, and then if I get hung
up on some error, it requires that I restart all over again.

Errors I can deal with, but starting over each time I get yet another error
is killing my time.

I need to be able to pick up where I left off, and move forward.

What would it take to modify this so that I don't need to start from scratch
each time I hit a bug/error?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Steve

Do not change Fnum

If you only want to run the macro on the xls files then change this line

FilesInPath = Dir(myPath & "DTR*.xl*")

FilesInPath = Dir(myPath & "DTR*.xls")

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"SteveDB1" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron,
After I made the modifications to your copy4 macro, I've found the
following-- code first, then issue.
Dim myPath As String, FilesInPath As String
Dim MyFiles() As String, Fnum As Long
Dim myBook As Workbook

myPath = "S:\Assignments - Final\Truckee River Claims\"

FilesInPath = Dir(myPath & "DTR*.xl*")
If FilesInPath = "" Then
MsgBox "No Files Found"
Exit Sub
End If

Fnum = 0
Do While FilesInPath < ""
Fnum = Fnum + 1
ReDim Preserve MyFiles(1 To Fnum)
MyFiles(Fnum) = FilesInPath
FilesInPath = Dir()
Loop

If Fnum 0 Then
For Fnum = LBound(MyFiles) To UBound(MyFiles)
Set myBook = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set myBook = Workbooks.Open(myPath & MyFiles(Fnum))
On Error GoTo 0
Call ASaveNewFormat
Next Fnum

I have two primary issues.
1- This requires me to process all of the files in my directory, and I do
not want to re-process them, once I've done so if I get caught up in an
error.
As such, I tried changing the starting number of Fnum. I think that this is
where my error is stemming from, because it worked fine before I changed the
start # for Fnum.
2- How can I keep it from starting out at 0, and actually start at the file
number of my choosing, in the event I find that there is a file that the
routine will not process?
Thank you.