Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt.Russett Matt.Russett is offline

Default Macro for duplicating rows based on cell value?

On Jun 19, 8:33 am, Joel wrote:
Sub addcells()

Lastrow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
StartRow = 2
For RowCount = Lastrow To StartRow Step -1
Volumn = Range("D" & RowCount)
Rows(RowCount).Copy
Rows((RowCount + 1) & ":" & (RowCount + Volumn - 1)).Insert

Next RowCount

End Sub

"Matt.Russett" wrote:
Hello,

Below is a sample of a 200 row file I am working with.

LaneID O Zip D Zip Volume
1 44805 24210 18
2 44805 44309 12

What I need to do is duplicate the rows based on the volume for that
lane, so I can load it into an analysis tool we use.

The manual process I am currently using is to insert 17 rows after
Lane ID 1 and fill down the information so I have a total of 18 rows
for that lane. Doing that for over 200 rows is quite tedious! Does
anyone have any suggestions as to how I could set up a macro or
something so it would automatically look at the Volume column, insert
that many rows, and fill the data down?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

I got it to work! Thanks for your help everyone.