Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Zych Tim Zych is offline

Default Data Type Declaration

I use the most strict datatype that the values could possibly be for the
life of the program. My approach is realist-pessimist. What do the project
requirements need, but also what is the most far reaching possibility that
can occur as the client/project/data grows? It works quite well for me.
Overly-optimistic rules are the kiss of death of a program's functionality,
dooming a solution to a lifetime of support, IMO. (E.g. "We'll never have
more than 10,000 rows of data, so just use a short Int").

--
Tim Zych
www.higherdata.com

"R Tanner" wrote in message

Do you choose the data type you will declare at the beginning of a
macro based on what range you know your values will be between?