Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brian Murphy Brian Murphy is offline

Default excel 2003 very unstable after copying a worksheet

I unchecked all addins, and moved all addins out of XLSTART. The VBA
project explorer then showed a clean slate - only Book1.xls was in the
list.

Back in Excel there is still a menu item for Rob Bovey's Code Cleaner
on the Tools menu, even though it does not appear anywhere in the
excel environment that I can find. But this one ought to be safe.

The errors still start happening right after copying a worksheet
manually (using the mouse).

I have an old macro that I use to make copies of worksheets that
doesn't use COPY but MOVES the sheet to a temporary file, and then
MOVES it back twice, renaming sheets accordingly. Using this macro
does not trigger the Excel errors and crashes.

I've spent loads of time trying to figure this one out. I don't seem
to be getting anywhere. It would be good to know if this all the
fault of bugs in Excel's sheet copying methods. I don't recall this
happening with xl2000 or xl2002. I no longer have them installed
anywhere to test them.

Brian