Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Katie Katie is offline

Default Enter formula and fill down

Dave -

Thank you, I'm an idiot. :-)

I changed all the references and never changed where it looked. Thank you. :-)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Your code looks at column G to find the last row that should get the
formular1c1.

If there's not enough data in column G, then maybe you should use a different
column???

Katie wrote:

Bernie -

This thread has been great for me - I always had such a hard time
transferring the code to the RC syntax.

However, I am having a problem with a bit of code and I was wondering if you
could help me find my mistake?

Range("D2:D" & Range("G65536").End(xlUp).Row).FormulaR1C1 =
"=CONCATENATE(LEFT(RC[-2],3),"" "",RC[-1])"

What I am trying to do is identify the filldown cells and then enter in the
concatenate formula I have here. It is only working for the top cell and then
stopping. Am I not identifying the range correctly?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Josh,

The easiest way to get the formula correct is to enter the formula into a
cell, and get it working. Then select the cell turn on the macro recorder,
press F2, press Enter, then turn off the recorder. You will then get the
correct code-to-formula syntax.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Thanks Bernie. I had tried a similiar code, but it keep hanging up at the
formula. Works perfect!

--

Dave Peterson