Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ListBox Conundrum

Post the code.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Nigel" wrote in message
Hi All

I thought I knew how to manage UserForm listboxes. But clearly not !

On a user form I have a list box that is refreshed from another action. A
user can double-click an item in the list, which causes the list to be
reloaded, the number of items in the refreshed list may change but the
item that was double-clicked will remain but its position may differ.

I had set up some code that records the item chosen and then re-applies
this by setting the ListIndex to the right location. The value generated
is correct but the item is not being selected. It is as if the ListIndex
value is being ignored. The actual and wrong item selected is fixed by
the physical location of the original selected item in the list. Hope
this makes sense.

How do I eliminate the current selection before I reapply my new ListIndex
value? I tried setting the ListIndex to -1 first but that does not work.
Do I need to redraw or something else?

TIA

Nigel