Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jeffbert jeffbert is offline

Default VBA empties clipboard

I have the following two events in my workbook to turn calculation on and off
when the workbook is activated and deactivated.

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()

Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()

The problem is that this prevents users from copying from another Excel
workbook and pasting into the one with the code. I am assuming it is because
when the VBA fires, it is emptying the clipboard.

Is there a way to make my workbook calculate manually, while leaving any
other workbooks that are open calculate automatically, and be able to paste
back and forth between workbooks?