Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sharon sharon is offline

Default Excel 2007: Error 400, Excel 2002: OK...

The answer is :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928983/en-us

2007 no longer accepts loading images from URL.

This article suggests you a workaround.

Sharon

" wrote:

Hi, can somebody help me with this piece of code and tell me how I can
get it to work in both Excel 2002 and 2007?

Sub Auto_Open()
InsertPictureInRange "___URL_to_picture_on_the_net___", _
Range("G21:J29")
End Sub

Sub InsertPictureInRange(PictureFileName As String, TargetCells As
Range)
Dim p As Object, t As Double, l As Double, w As Double, h As Double
If TypeName(ActiveSheet) < "Worksheet" Then Exit Sub
Set p = ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(PictureFileName)
With TargetCells
t = .Top
l = .Left
w = .Offset(0, .Columns.Count).Left - .Left
h = .Offset(.Rows.Count, 0).Top - .Top
End With
With p
.Top = t