Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams[_4_] Tim Williams[_4_] is offline

Default Sort an access database, remove duplicates

Yes, just run a query before doing the insert: if it's EOF then it's
not a "repeat".

As for sorting the table in Access, I'm not familiar enough with the
application to comment.

Tim

Many thanks Tim for your response,

Sorry, I mean duplicate records. Since I export data from Excel to an
Access database it is possible to export the same data twice. Would
just like to implement some code prevent this from happening. I guess
one could query the database first to check if the exact record
already exists?

With regard to the my first question, I was hoping to save the data in
a sorted form. My reason is if someone wanted to stroll through the
database using Access, it would be easier to find something if it is
sorted by date. I saw that Access has a manual way to sort (Records/
Sort/Ascending), then you can save the table. Was hoping to have the
same functionality from VBA Excel. Is this possible?

Kind Regards,
Les- Hide quoted text -