Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Papa Jonah Papa Jonah is offline

Default macro to unmerge cells

I have another application that I export data into Excel from.
Unfortunately, these exports are hundreds of rows and about 20 columns.
Scattered throughout are columns that may have anywhere from 2-15 rows merged
into a cell. When that happens, most (usually not all) of the other columns
have the same merged rows. Since you can't sort when any of the cells are
merged, I need a macro that will help me to identify and unmerge these cells.
What I was thinking was identify the currentregion from cell A5 and have
some sort of loop that will have the macro check every cell in the region and
unmerge it if necessary. Eventhough I am not sure how to do that, it doesn't
sound like it would probably not be the most efficient approach anyway - open
to ideas.
TIA
Papa