Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] les.moodley@eskom.co.za is offline

Default Sort an access database, remove duplicates

Hi All,

I have created an access database from excel VBA but experiencing
problems with sorting. Once I sort the recordset, I can message box
the sorted table, but am not sure how to save the new sorted table?
Tried a few things but no luck. Basically I would like to update the
table. Please see code below. My second questions is how do you remove
duplicate lines in a access database from Excel VBA?

Public Sub sort_recordset()
Dim cnt As New ADODB.Connection
Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim sSQLQry As String
Dim dbPath As String
Dim dbConnectStr As String

'Generate the SQL query
sSQLQry = "SELECT * FROM table_piezo"

'Set database name here
dbConnectStr = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
dbPath & ";"
'Open connection to the database
cnt.CursorLocation = adUseClient
cnt.Open dbConnectStr

'Open recordset based on Orders table
rst.Open sSQLQry, cnt

With rst
.Sort = "[Datetimex]"
Do While Not .EOF
MsgBox rst.Fields(0)
.UpdateBatch 'this does not work
.MoveNext
Loop
'.Save 'not sure how to use it

End With

With cnt
' sSQLQry = "UPDATE table_piezo"

End With
rst.Close

End Sub

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, also if you can
recommend any good books/links on this subject it would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Les