Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones[_2_] Norman Jones[_2_] is offline

Default How to read data from a spreadshet without opening it?

Hi Nate,

See Ron de Bruin at:

Copy a range from closed workbooks (ADO)
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm

and

Copy a range from closed workbook
(Local, Network and on the internet)
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy7.htm

---
Regards.
Norman

"NateBuckley" wrote in message
Greetings!

We recieve a file once a week, full of numbers and do-dars. I need to do
things to this report then collate the totals etc and print them on the
actual open excel sheet.

So basically I want to somehow read data from various sheets in another
excel file, without "openining" it (making it load up on the screen).
Would
this be accomplished with ADODB? I've only used that with Access.

Any pointers, tips, comments of fish slaps - please point them this way.

Why, thankya.