Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John M.[_2_] John M.[_2_] is offline

Default Selecting header rows with macro.

I would like to create a macro that selects certain "Columns" based on a
header name in an excel file. It would then copy all of that information
except the header into another existing excel file under different header
names. something like this:
In workbook 'A' I have 4 columns - "Name", "Description", "Price" and
"Quantity" I want to select all info under the headers "Name" and "Price" it
would then copy all of that information to workbook 'B'. Any info that was
under "Name" would go under the header "Item" and any info that was under
"Price" would go under the header "MSRP". I have no problem using macro to
copy from one workbook to the next, but I do have a problem selecting
multiple Columns because with the files that I get, the columns are not
always in the same place. If anyone has a solution to my problem I would be
very thankful. It would shave off 6 hours of tedious manual work so I could
focus on other projects.