Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard Richard is offline

Default define a range that equals the first row of another range

I want to create my own function that is similar to vlookup, but also uses
match function.

My understanding is that there is no way to embed worksheet functions within
another worksheet function, so I will have to perform the 'match' and
'vlookup' functions separately.

In only want to have to import one lookup range for both the vlookup and
match functions. Since the vlookup range will include the match range, I am
looking for a way to extract the first row.

That is match-range equals first-row-of-vlookup-range.

How can I define a range that equals the first row of another range?

--
Richard