Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Getting around 255 Column limit

1) The first think to consider if you can transpose your columns and rows.
2) Split your data into multiple worksheets. You can easily write a macro
that creates CSV going across multiple sheets.
3) Put single entry on multiple rows.

"AndyC812" wrote:

I have created an application in Excel that collects data for eventual
merging into a Word mail merge document. It is so large that I am running
out of columns in Excel for new merge fields (I am using 250 of possible
255). My question - Short of upgrading to Office 2007, is there a better way
to get my data fields from Excel into Word (CSV file, XML?) ? Can this be
automated (i.e., can I create a button with a macro behind it that will open
a Word merge document, and do a merge to new document)?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Andy