Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ardy Ardy is offline

Default Last Row…./ last cell

On Jun 11, 7:17*am, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:49:00 -0700 (PDT), Ardy wrote:
Hello All:
Searching the historical posts, I have found bunch of solutions that
will address the last row or maybe I should say locating the last row
in terms of holding data or not null. *So with that I attempted this
code hoping that it will look and find the last cell in Colum A that
is not null and with that it assumes that the row is right after
that. *So if A3 has “123W32M1” the code determines that A3 is the last
row and places the hello in A4. *Of course I do realize that this
logic assumes that we always have data in Colum A.

Try #1
---------------------------------
Dim iLastRow As Integer
* * With ActiveSheet
* * * *iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
* * End With
* *ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Hello"
----------------------------------
I thought this would locate the last row and cell right after the one
that has data or not null from Colum A and place a hello in it. *Now
mind you the hello was just a test to see where the code directing the
action at. *It didn’t work so I tried this next one

-----------------------------
Sub LastRow1()
Dim LastRow As Long
* * * * * *With Worksheets("Location")
* *LastRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
* *ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Hello"
End With
End Sub
-----------------------------
Still didn’t work. *Now I am like totally confused. * Any help is
appreciated.

Ardy

Try this:

================================
Option Explicit
Sub LR()
Dim c As Range
Dim ws As Worksheet

Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set c = ws.Cells(ws.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)

Set c = c.Offset(1, 0)

c.Formula = "HELLO"

End Sub
================================

or, if you really want to combine things: *:-)

==========================
Sub LR2()
*With Worksheets("Sheet1")
* * .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Formula = "HELLO"
End With
End Sub
--ron- Hide quoted text -

Thnak you guys........
This is wonderfull. I think in retrospective all of the solutions are
good. I think in efforts of learning I need to read a bit more in the
VB help for what JE has pointed me to.

Thank you all