Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Last Row…./ last cell

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:49:00 -0700 (PDT), Ardy wrote:

Hello All:
Searching the historical posts, I have found bunch of solutions that
will address the last row or maybe I should say locating the last row
in terms of holding data or not null. So with that I attempted this
code hoping that it will look and find the last cell in Colum A that
is not null and with that it assumes that the row is right after
that. So if A3 has “123W32M1” the code determines that A3 is the last
row and places the hello in A4. Of course I do realize that this
logic assumes that we always have data in Colum A.

Try #1
---------------------------------
Dim iLastRow As Integer
With ActiveSheet
iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
End With
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Hello"
----------------------------------
I thought this would locate the last row and cell right after the one
that has data or not null from Colum A and place a hello in it. Now
mind you the hello was just a test to see where the code directing the
action at. It didn’t work so I tried this next one

-----------------------------
Sub LastRow1()
Dim LastRow As Long
With Worksheets("Location")
LastRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Hello"
End With
End Sub
-----------------------------
Still didn’t work. Now I am like totally confused. Any help is
appreciated.

Ardy

Try this:

================================
Option Explicit
Sub LR()
Dim c As Range
Dim ws As Worksheet

Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set c = ws.Cells(ws.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)

Set c = c.Offset(1, 0)

c.Formula = "HELLO"

End Sub

or, if you really want to combine things: :-)

Sub LR2()
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Formula = "HELLO"
End With
End Sub
--ron